Monday, December 2, 2013

Pretty + Patriotic

Today I am inspired by: America

I had jury duty this morning. It consisted of me driving out to the courthouse at 7:00am and reading my Kindle for three and a half hours in an assembly room full of strangers before being released for the day directly prior to lunch (though you better believe I still made use of my $5 stipend at the coffee shop––thank you taxpayers for the pretzels and hummus).

I kind of loved it. Hope I get called back tomorrow.

Following my first day as a member of a random group of people who may or may not be active jurors sometime this week, I'm left feeling quite patriotic. The jury organizers (overseers? babysitters?) really laid it on about civic duty and how our very presence signified the greatness of Democracy, and despite being still half-asleep, I was all ready to stand up and wave the flag after they'd finished––or at least eat some apple pie.

America is pretty great, and you don't have to stick to only celebrating it on the Fourth of July. These spaces will have you wanting to shoot of fireworks all year round.

Hadley Court
Hints of red, white, and blue (mixed with splashes of gold, black, and grey) bring a youthful touch to this impressive room.

Elle Decor
That beautiful antique chair mixed with that playful Jean Dubuffet painting is a great example of combining traditional and modern.

Interiors by Studio M
Accent walls are an excellent and easy way to dramatically play with color in your home.

Dicorcia Design
Red, white, blue... and leopard?! I love the clever mish-mosh of patterns and textures in this room.

Attic Mag
Who says bathtubs have to be white? 

Sanity Fair
I would have loved having my parents send me to my room if my childhood bedroom had had such fabulous wallpaper.

Happy decorating!

xx
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment