Friday, December 6, 2013

Float Like a Butterfly

Today I'm inspired by: Butterflies

I have such a fondness for butterflies. They make me think of warmth and sunshine and childhood days spent at the beach. Of course, I'm currently up at my parents' house in the frigid Chicago suburbs, so there are absolutely zero butterflies fluttering around brightening my day (though I am enjoying all the cute chubby squirrels and the sweet baby deer).

If I could, I would have butterflies around me all the time. (Side note: an excellent place for this is the butterfly room at the Peggy Notebaert Nature Center. It is magical.) But since I can't, I have to rely on other ways to get my butterfly fix.

Just try not to get happy checking out this butterfly inspired decor:

Houzz
'Tis the season for whimsy! The butterfly chandelier lends a curvy twist to the abundance of straight lines present elsewhere in the room.

Panda's House
I'm delighted by this emerald green wallpaper scattered with butterflies. It brings movement and brightness to this otherwise simple space.

JSDPN
An unassuming white pedestal sink allows the glossy and dramatic wallpaper to shine without seeming overdone.

Snuut
I know I'm all about the wallpaper right now, but I just couldn't resist including this super sweet print. I love how the bright colors are echoed in the lampshade and the hand-painted box.

HGTV
This butterfly wall art is almost opalescent in color, and goes oh-so-well with the soft lilac fabric used on the bench and chair.

Decor Pad
It's amazing how many gorgeous varieties of butterflies exist––a gallery wall is a great way to show off a bunch of these unique creatures.

Mitsubai
I need this butterfly lamp by Mitsubai Tokyo.
Happy decorating!

Til next time,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment