Wednesday, December 4, 2013

Make Me Blush

Today I am inspired by: Blush Pink

I have a confession to make: I love the color pink. I know this isn't some wild revelation, but for some reason, I've always felt a tad ashamed of my giddiness when it comes to this color. As a rule, I won't buy any products which are pink purely because some dude thought that was the only way to market it to women (pink electric drills? I think we ladies are perfectly capable of choosing a drill based on more than just its shiny surface). But I happily buy other little things in pink (I just got a rad new hot pink wallet) purely because of the sheer joy the color brings me.


Blush pink is the sweeter, more gentle variety of this happy color, and using it in your home is a great way to bring in a little pink without turning your home into Barbie's dreamhouse. Some ideas:

Weekday Carnival
I love the masculine shape and fabric of that chair paired with such a feminine hue. Proof of the beauty of mixing and matching.

Decor Pad
These delicate pink walls stand out and brighten the other colors in the room.

Refreshed Designs
Another great example of the beauty and versatility of blush pink walls. Here, they lend a soft touch to modern decor.

Places In The Home
Gold is the perfect complement in this stunning bathroom.

Baby Green Design
Blush pink totally pops when teamed up with dark, bold colors.

The Decorista
Who knew that rooms full of pink could look so adult?

Happy decorating!

Til next time,
Laura

No comments:

Post a Comment