Monday, April 23, 2012

Well, Have To Start Somewhere...

"Interiors speak. Rooms emphasize whether one exists or lives, and there's a great difference between the two." - Van Day Truex


Hello! Welcome to Paper + Platinum. I am a lover of all things design, and am finally taking the plunge into starting what I hope will be a successful interior decorating career.

About me: I live in sunny Miami, Florida with my boyfriend and our puppy. In about two weeks I will be finished with my first year of law school...as well as law school entirely. I have made the decision to drop out and pursue this path instead. (No pressure or anything, right?)

I have no formal design training. I don't have business cards yet, or even a portfolio. What I do have, though, is passion, personality, creativity, and a vision. Can success be built on these things alone? I sure hope so!

What I would like to accomplish with this blog is this: I want it to be a place for inspiration and retreat. I also want it to be a place for guidance, a place where other people with similar interests and goals can come to learn as well as teach.

Most importantly, I want this blog to serve as a foundation for what will hopefully be good things to come.

I think of interiors as exhibiting multiple dimensions. They represent who we are, and who we want to be. They are communicative; they respond to us and they tell us stories. That being said, they shouldn't be taken too seriously. Design should be fun and colorful and all that jazz. I want to help people create interiors they love and see themselves represented in.

And so, bookmark the blog, pass it along, comment. Also feel free to contact me directly: paperandplatinum@gmail.com.

Good things to come!

xx
Laura


No comments:

Post a Comment